Quahog Republic now offering online shipment of award-winning chowder and quahogs
The Quahog Republic, a lifestyle brand whose purpose is to give the escape of Cape Cod to locals and wash ashores with its extensive retail line and two restaurants, announced that it will begin selling its award-winning chowder, stuffed quahogs and other signature menu items for shipment nationwide. Starting this holiday season the frozen products from the iconic Cape restaurant can be ordered at www.quahogrepublic.com either individually or packaged together.
Initially there will be five products offered:
- A package of Four Stuffed Quahogs: combining fresh, local quahogs, sauteed vegetables and spices in a natural double shell ($20)
- Quahogs and Chowder Package: includes a sixteen ounce bowl of Quahog Chowder Base (which makes 32 ounces of chowder once light cream is added) and Four Stuffed Quahogs ($36)
- Lobster Bisque: made from minced lobster, heavy cream, butter and spices; sold in units of 4, each 12 ounces ($48)
- Lazy Mans Stuffed Lobster Pie: a pound and a half of lobster meat with gourmet scallop and shrimp stuffing in a pastry shell finished with a drizzle of sherry (two 14 ounce pies for $59)
- Feast of the East Package: includes a pint of Quahog Chowder Base, four Stuffed Quahogs, one Lazy Mans Stuffed Lobster Pie and a 12 ounce portion of Lobster Bisque ($76)
All of the products can easily be heated in the microwave or stove top and are shipped on dry ice.
The Quahog Republic has partnered with the Cape Cod Stuffed Quahog Company to co-pack and ship the products. After months of intense recipe testing, all of the products will be made in small batches locally in Monument Beach and are designed to mimic the taste experience of the restaurant.
“We’ve had customers asking to purchase our menu items in a frozen form for many years, so this was a natural progression for us,” said Eric Bevans, co-owner of The Quahog Republic. “We’ve spent a long time making sure the recipes are just right and meet our strict standards and we’re thrilled with the final result.”
Added Quahog Republic co-owner Tom Hughes: “It’s exciting to bring the Cape Cod lifestyle to other parts of the country, first with our apparel and now with our menu. We’ve been shipping our gear nationwide for years. Now those folks can also enjoy a little authentic taste of Cape Cod.”
Plans are to expand the product line to include other menu items in the near future, including the Quahog Republic’s Lobster Salad and secret “Majic Spice” dry rub, which is used in many of the dishes.
The Quahog Republic was founded in 2008 and has grown to two restaurants and an expanding line of casual apparel and accessories. Products sport the Quahog Republic logo and often the company slogan of “live, give, relax”. The iconic line includes women’s wear, men’s wear, kids’ wear and accessories like glasses, coolers, cozies and dog bowls.
The Quahog Republic has two locations. The Quahog Republic Dive Bar is located at 97 Spring Bars Road in Falmouth and is open year-round. The Quahog Republic Waterfront Eatery is open April through Halloween in Onset Village. For more information or to order products, visit www.quahogrepublic.com.