5 Things You Need to Know Today, 2/17
Tap dancing lessons and more for February 17.
1) Today showers are likely, mainly before 3pm. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 30.
2) The Woods Hole Child Center welcomes preschoolers and their parents to an open house today from 8:45am until noon. A regular school day is the best way to see the program in action; parents of currently enrolled students will be on hand to chat and answer questions. Come early or stay late, so your child can explore the large, well-equipped playground. For more information, go to woodsholechildcenter.org or call (508) 548-1773.
3) The Falmouth Senior Center is now offering a tap dancing class on Fridays at 1pm. The objective is to give people the pleasure of tap dancing while exercising. The price is $6 per class or $24 per month, and the instructor is Margaret Rogers, who has been teaching tap for many years. Bring a friend! Call the Center if interested at 508-540-0196.
4) It's Friday... how about some live music? The Dune Billy All-Stars will play tonight after 9:30pm at Grumpy's Pub for a $5 cover charge. Dance the night away!
5) This day in history: the Senate passes the Missouri Compromise (1820); Madame Butterfly premieres (1904); and the Volkswagen Beetle overtakes the Model T as the world's bestselling car (1972).