Five Things to Know Today in Falmouth: Wednesday February 6
Join an open mic night at Grumpy's Pub and more today in Falmouth.
1. There is a chance of snow today mainly before 9 a.m. It will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 39 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The Pickle Jar Kitchen opens today on Main St. at 7:00 a.m. The new restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch Wednesday through Monday.
3. You can celebrate the Groundhog Day season with a community sing-a-long and dinner on tonight at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Falmouth at 6:00 p.m. The event is free and all are welcome to attend. A collection will be taken to help Cape Cod's Housing Assistance Corporation.
4. What happens when you mix whiskey and stout? Find out at "Whiskey Stout" at Grumpy's Pub on Locust St. tonight at 8:00 p.m. “Whiskey Stout” is a curated open mic night that is partly a bluegrass picker’s scene and part Irish session. Musicians are invited to sit in on a tune with hosts Benjamin Lee Paterson (banjo, guitar) and Irish Kevin (guitar)—or introduce a new flavor to the scene. Whiskey Stout is free of charge and audiences are encouraged to come listen in support of local musicians.
5. Have something to say? Blog on Falmouth Patch.