Five Things to Know Today: Thursday February 7
The Beach House is celebrating Bob Marley’s birthday in style tonight.
1. It will be partly sunny today with a high near 27 degrees. North wind 6 to 8 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
2. A zumba gold class will be held today at 11 a.m. at the Gus Canty Community Center. The cost is $8 for walk-ins, 6 classes for $36 or 12 classes for $60.
3. The Bank of Cape Cod will host a free reception for the latest exhibit on display at its Falmouth branch tonight at 5 p.m. The current exhibit features photos from the Upper Cape Camera Club. The public is invited to join for a wine and cheese reception.
4. The Beach House will host a tribute to Bob Marley today in honor of his birthday. One Drop Productions will present a night of live music from one of the Cape’s top bands, The Dune Billy All-Stars. Special guest Selectah Niko will join them. They’ll all be playing the laid back music of Marley, unquestionably the king of reggae. The fun kicks off at 9:30 p.m. and there’s no cover charge.
5. Are you hosting an upcoming event? Post it to Falmouth Patch.