Five Things to Know Today: Tuesday January 22
Here’s a look at what’s happening today in Falmouth.
1. There is a chance of snow today, mainly before 9am. It will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 31, blustery, with a northwest wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible, according to the National Weather Service.
2. You can chat with Alan Lunn today at the Woods Hole Library. Lunn, a very engaging speaker and active boat-builder, grew up on the shores of Little Harbor and worked for many years at the manager of residential facilities at MBL. A delightful raconteur, he has countless stories to share about his long life in the village. You can join the Conversation today at 12:30 p.m. in the Woods Hole Library.
3. Are you trying to research your family tree? Members of the Falmouth Genealogical Society will be on hand to help you find those elusive ancestors at the Falmouth Public Library in the Lemcke Reference Room today from 2 to 4pm.
4. The Planning Department meets in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of the Town Hall tonight at 7pm.
5. The British Beer Company hosts Trivia for the Troops tonight from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. You can join in for an evening of brain-teasers and fun!