Five Things You Need to Know Today: Friday December 14
Today in Falmouth you can chat with an author at a local bookstore, join in a Hanukah Latke potluck dinner and more.
1. Mainly sunny today with a high of 47F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
2. Calling all Chess players! The Falmouth Senior Center will be hosting Chess games today at 1pm. If you would like to join the fun call 508-540-0196.
3. You can go inside Windsor Castle with Author William Kuhn, the author of Mrs. Queen Takes the Train, at Eight Cousins Books on Main St. tonight at 6 p.m. Toast the author at this free event with a glass of wine and a bit of cheese.
4. The Falmouth Jewish Congregation will hold a Hanukah Latke Potluck Dinner, followed by a Shabbat Service with musical ensemble this Friday, December 14 at 6:15 p.m. The dinner will include a group menorah lighting, bring a menorah and candles, and will feature latkes cooked that morning. Attendees are asked to bring a main or side dish. Latkes and fixings are provided, as well as drinks. A Shabbat Service featuring a musical ensemble and Hanukah songs begins at 7:30 P.M. Visitors may attend one or both events. An Oneg Shabbat reception follows the service at 8:45pm.
5. You can listen to the Shananagans for free at Liam Maguire’s Irish Pub on Main St. tonight at 9 p.m. The Shananagans have been a major presence on the New England music scene for the last twenty-two years. The band is comprised of Tom Kennedy, Dick Lewis, and Joe Zajac, three accomplished musicians from the greater New Bedford area.