Invite a friend
GROWING OUR OWN!
Falmouth’s 2013 town wide read is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: a Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver. Opening this year’s community reading event is Gregory C. Watson, Falmouth resident & MA Commissioner of Agriculture. He was a founding member of the Massachusetts Federation of Farmers’ Markets. In the 1980’s he served as the executive director & education director of New Alchemy Institute He first served as agriculture commissioner from 1990 to 1993. In the latter half of the 1990’s he founded & served as Executive Director of the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative connecting rural farms & urban community groups in Greater Boston. Now, reappointed as Massachusetts Agriculture Commissioner he’s making us aware how we all benefit from local agriculture.
|Where||Falmouth Public Library 300 Main St, Falmouth, MA 02540|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–3:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Families|
|Phone||508-457-2555, ext. 6|
More About Falmouth Public Library
The beautiful, recently renovated Falmouth Public Library holds the title of being the largest public library on Cape Cod. The Main Library provides services to adults and children such as story times, book groups, summer reading programs and special programs that change throughout the year. It also serves as a reference and information center, featuring thousands of books and magazines. Museum passes, computers, access to databases and periodicals are just a few of the other services you will find at the library.
Other events here
- Falmouth Genealogical Society Help at the Falmouth Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Afternoon Parent Chat Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Library Board of Trustees Monthly, 7:00 pm
- SONGS of the SEA Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:15 pm
- Arts Alive Festival '13 Fri, Jun 21, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Arts Alive Festival '13 Sat, Jun 22, 10:00 am–9:00 pm
- Arts Alive Festival '13 Sun, Jun 23, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Cultural Survival Bazaar Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm