Invite a friend
Opening Reception for Kevin King Retrospective
Kevin King: A Retrospective
Through Sunday, June 24
Artist’s reception Friday, June 1, 6-8pm
The body of work produced by Cape Cod artist Kevin King is so prolific and diverse as to defy description. In designing this exhibition, Mr. King has chosen landscapes, mixed media, abstractions and representational pieces. A highlight of the show will be several works from his Ash Series, which was the subject of a recent radio piece that aired during All Things Considered and Morning Edition on WCAI and WGBH. “Flag 9/11” and “Between the Lines” movingly include ash from Ground Zero. Several fish paintings, made from fish ash and oil paint, will also be on display, along with two large works created with ash from books: A Farewell to Arms and Fahrenheit 451. More information on Kevin King is available at kevinkingart.com. A suggested $5 donation supports the community programming and preservation of Highfield Hall.
More About Highfield Hall
Highfield Hall is a nonprofit center for arts and culture serving Falmouth residents and visitors. Saved from demolition and lovingly restored by Historic Highfield, Inc., the 20,000 sq. foot Victorian mansion was built in 1878 by the Beebe family of Boston. Highfield Hall now welcomes visitors to tour the restored building and walk through Beebe Woods, the adjacent 400 acrea conservation area. A permanent exhibition tells the Highfield story and changing art exhibitions are displayed in two gallery spaces. Programs are offered in the areas of culinary arts, music, nature/gardening and history. The venue is available for weddings, private celebrations, community meetings and corporate events.
Other events here
- Seven by Seven: Paints, Pastels and Poems Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Senioritis: Artwork from the Falmouth High Senior Class Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Enchanted: Through the Lens of Boston Photographers Fri, May 24, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Fantastical Birds: Quietus in Flight New paintings by Juan Travieso Fri, May 24, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Beebe Woods Nature Walks April 23, 2013 / May 28, 2013, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Savory Pies with Gail Blakely Wed, May 29, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Sunday Estate Walks & History of the Beebe Property May 5, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 16, 2013 / July 7, 2013 / July 21, 2013 / August 4, 2013, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm