1. Books make great gifts: The Friends of the Falmouth Pubic Library 2013 Holiday Book Sale continues today and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
2. Old bowlers rule: Thursday is "Nifty 50" day at Ryan Family Amusements, 23 Town Hall Square: Two hours of unlimited candlepin bowling, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., for a flat $5 including shoe rental and coffee. You just have to be 50 or older. Info: 508-540-4877.
3. Mangia, mangia: $5 Pasta Specials and Live Music at the Beach House, starting at 4 p.m.
4. Prepare to Rock: The Battle of the Bands holds its second round of preliminaries at the Beach House starting at 9 p.m.
5. Attention cat people: People For Cats posts on Facebook: “Want to order your memorial brick ? you still can, either come to the shelter to fill our your form or go to our peopleforcats.org website and click on the highlighted "memorial brick" words on the right side of the page."
Find more things to do in Falmouth this week: