1. Buy a book: The Friends of the Falmouth Public Library 2013 Holiday Book Sale is underway today from 1:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
2. Have a belt: Today's the day Quicks Hole Tavern opens for real, promises co-owner Beth Colt on Facebook. She named 11 a.m. as opening time for the former Leeside pub, across from the Steamship Authority terminal in Woods Hole. For more about Colt's plans for the bar and restaurant, please see Quicks Hole Tavern to Open Tuesday.
3. Eat and play: The British Beer Company Falmouth Heights posts on Facebook: "It's Tuesday! That means BOGO and Trivia! Come and make a night of it with buy one get one free pizza and trivia at 8pm! You could win a prize! Dine in only."
4. Take a chance: There's still time to buy your chances for the Odd Fellows Hall Replica Playhouse being raffled off Dec. 14 at Liam Maguire's Irish Pub. Donations are $20 per ticket or three chances for $50 at Caline for Kids, Eight Cousins Book Store and Kaleidoscope Toys and falmouthhousingtrust.org.
5. Join the team: Are you a soccer player over the age of 40? "The Vineyard Football Club over 40s soccer team competes in Masters Division 4 of the New England Over The Hill Soccer League and is looking to add selected new players from the Falmouth area," writes player/manager Neal A. Sullivan. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more things to do in Falmouth this week: