- Posted on Facebook: "The MBL-WHOI Library is honoring our Woods Hole Scientific Community open access authors with an informal-everyone is invited open cake-cider-coffee break tomorrow Thursday Oct. 24 at 10:15am at WHOI Smith Conference room." That's at 7 MBL St., Woods Hole.
- Posted on Patch: "Come by for our Open House at Atria Woodbriar Place. Have a tour of our beautiful facility and grounds, while listening to the wonderful sounds of Ken Leray on the piano." From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday: 389 Gifford St., Falmouth. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served at this celebration for Falmouth's first "green" retirement home, according to the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce. Free; please RSVP to 508-495-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Falmouth Housing Trust holds its Annual Meeting and reception at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Falmouth Yacht Club, 290 Clinton Ave., Falmouth: 508-540-2370.
- Thursday is $5 Pasta Night at The Beach House where there's live music from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Woods Hole Theater Company production of "I Read About My Death In Vogue Magazine," by Lydia Sargent with Lisa Jo Rudy, Lydia Sargent, Valerie Schmidt and Amy Jane Trotto, plays at the Woods Hole Community Hall Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m. $15. More information: woodsholetheater.org.