- The Woods Hole Calcutta Fishing Derby and Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass & Bluefish Derby are in full swing, with prizes in multiple categories. Find out more at woodshole.com/fishing-derby and mvderby.com.
- The Falmouth Farmers Market takes place at Peg Noonan Park on Main Street Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last market of the season is Oct. 10.
- Pick for kids: Falmouth public school students get an after-school discount of 15 percent at Tisberry Frozen Yogurt & Smoothies on Main Street from 2:30 to 6 p.m. weekdays.
- Planning a yard sale, garage sale, tag sale or estate sale? You can add it to our Yard Sale Map with just a few clicks and we'll help send you shoppers.
- Do you have a message for the community? Patch now has a place for you to post letters to the editor. Just click here and tell us what you think. Your letter will post online right away.
Did we miss something happening Thursday? Tell us in the comments.