- Have you and your canine companion(s) paid a visit to the Falmouth Dog Park lately? It's located at 257 Brick Kiln Road between Gifford Street and Sandwich Road and it's open year-round from dawn to dusk. You donations are welcomed at falmouthdogpark.com.
- The Woods Hole Calcutta Fishing Derby is underway through mid-October. Sponsored by the Woods Hole Business Association, the derby has daily prizes for biggest striped bass and bluefish plus grand prizes at the end of the derby. Find out more at woodshole.com/fishing-derby.
- Free pick for kids: The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution's weekly noon "Peanut Butter Club" presentation is the PBS video “The Greely Expedition,” described as "an epic story of adventure, abandonment, and human tragedy (about) an 1881 scientific mission to the Arctic that ended with death and rumors of cannibalism." Sponsored by the WHOI Information Office. Coffee, tea, and cookies served. Free; donations accepted.
- It's Old Time Gospel Night with sacred bluegrass, traditional American hymns and spirituals designed for audience participation starting at 7:30 p.m. at the John Wesley United Methodist Church. The community sing-along is led by John Yankee with a bluegrass band and special guest. Suggested donation: $10 to benefit The John Wesley Music Program, but everyone is welcome.
- At the Beach House, DJ Alves entertains starting at 10 p.m. No cover.
Did we miss something happening Friday? Tell us in the comments.