- Free pick for kids: The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution's weekly "Peanut Butter Club" presentation is the PBS video “Where Did We Come From?” on Friday at noon in Redfield Auditorium. Explore the origin of our solar system and the start of life itself, how head lice figure in human evolution, and more. Sponsored by the WHOI Information Office. Coffee, tea, and cookies served. Donations accepted.
- The Coonamessett Inn hosts a Dinner Dance Friday, sponsored by John Wesley United Methodist Church with music by Stage Door Canteen, door prizes and more. 6p.m., $50, tickets from Linda or Steve at 508-495-3239 or www.jwumcfalmouth.org/DinnerDance. Credit cards accepted, everyone welcome.
- The Falmouth Theatre Guild's production of the musical thriller "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" continues at Highfield Theater. Show times: Friday, Saturdays 7:30 p.m., Sunday 2 p.m. Tickets: $17 adults, $15 children (under 18) and seniors. More info at falmouththeatreguild.org.
- The Falmouth Ice Arena's Friday night public skating is $5 a skater from 7:40 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Have you and your canine companion(s) paid a visit to the Falmouth Dog Park lately? It's located at 257 Brick Kiln Road between Gifford Street and Sandwich Road and it's open year-round from dawn to dusk. Your donations are welcomed at falmouthdogpark.com. Note that the water may be turned off for the winter: Bring some water for your thirsty pups.