Visit Falmouth Storm Center 2014: Jan. 21 Blizzard for information on the latest storm.
Updated Jan. 3, 9:45 p.m.: Storm Center is closed until the next significant weather event.
Updated Jan. 3, 11 a.m.
- Snowfall Totals for the Cape and Islands
- According to the Steamship Authority website, the noon boat from Woods Hole is running but the noon boat from Vineyard Haven is cancelled.
- The 1:15 p.m. and 2 p.m. sailings from both ports are scheduled to run on time, as was the 10:45 a.m. from Vineyard Haven.
- Peter Pan Bus Lines has many cancellations.
- Video: Watch The Snow Fall in Woods Hole
Updated Jan. 3, 8:30 a.m.
- Town: Falmouth Library Open Friday; Drivers Cautioned; includes storm contacts:
- Emergencies: 911
- Police Department non-emergency: 508-457-2527
- Fire/Rescue Department non-emergency: 508-495-2501
- Department of Public Works: 508-457-2543, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- NSTAR: 1-800-592-2000
- Verizon: 1-800-Verizon (837-4966)
- Comcast: 1-800-Comcast (266-2278)
Updated Jan. 3, 7:25 a.m.
- The Steamship Authority has suspended service until weather conditions improve.
- Peter Pan buses to the Cape are not running Friday.
- Falmouth District Court will reopen at noon.
Updated Jan. 3, 5:55 a.m.
- The Steamship Authority has cancelled the 6 a.m. , 6:15 a.m. and 7 a.m. sailings from Woods Hole and Vineyard Haven and the 7:15 a.m. from Vineyard Haven.
- Cape Cod cancellations from the Cape Cod Times
Updated Jan. 3, 4:30 a.m.
- The blizzard warning remains in effect until 11 a.m.
- The coastal flood warning remains in effect through the midday high tide.
- Do you receive the daily Falmouth Patch newsletter and breaking news alerts? If not, please sign up here. It's free and brings you all our latest posts so you can keep in touch with what's happening in Falmouth 365 days a year.
Updated Jan. 2, 8 p.m.
- The 8:30 p.m. ferry from Woods Hole to Martha's Vineyard is canceled.
- The Falmouth Service Center will be closed Friday.
Updated Jan. 2, 6:45 p.m.
- Gov. Patrick has announced that state offices will be closed Friday and he is urging people to stay off the roads tonight and tomorrow, although he has not announced any highway closures.
Updated Jan. 2, 6 p.m.
- There will be no men's over 40 basketball this evening in Falmouth.
Updated Jan. 2, 5:20 p.m.
- Falmouth public schools are closed Friday, Jan. 3. All before- and after-school activities are also canceled.
Updated Jan. 2, 4:30 p.m.
- Liberty Chalkboard's free movie night at the Falmouth Public Library has been canceled due to the storm and rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 7th at 6:30 pm.
Updated Jan. 2, 2:15 p.m.
- Ryan Family Amusements is closing at 4 p.m. Thursday.
- The Falmouth Public Library remains open, but there will be no book club meetings today or tomorrow.
Updated Jan. 2, 1:55 p.m.
Updated Jan. 2, 12:30 p.m.
- Gov. Deval Patrick has announced that he is releasing state workers at 3 PM and encouraging private-sector businesses to do the same with their employees.
Updated Jan. 2, 4:30 a.m.
Updated Jan. 2, 3:45 a.m.
- Cape Cod school closings (Cape Cod Times)
- When is High Tide?
- 10 Tips for Driving in Winter Weather (Mass.gov)
- Massachusetts school closings (WBZ)
Updated Jan. 1, 2:30 p.m.
Bookmark this page and check back for updates on storm news, cancellations and closures in Falmouth.