1. Expect rain and wind today with a high of 52F. A high-wind watch will be in effect with potential power outages in the morning and afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
2. Patchwork Quilters of Cape Cod meets at the Falmouth Senior Center today from 10am to 2pm. All finished quilts go to children at risk.
3. The Senior Center is offering a Tap Dancing Class today at 1:00 p.m. The price is $6.00 per class or $24.00 per month.
4. The Solstice Singers celebrate their 20th anniversary tonight with the musical performance “To Drive the Cold Away” at the Woods Hole Community Hall at 7 p.m. Tickets are $18/$15 at the door; seniors &
students under 12 are free.
5. With the end of the world slated for December 21 on the Mayan calendar, several local haunts are hosting “End of the World” parties tonight.
- The Quahog Republic Dive Bar will party likes there’s no to-maya at 9 p.m. They’ll be giving away special “End of World” t-shirts, have live music, app specials and a few other suprises.
- The Beach House is hosting an “End of the World” party as well, also at 9 p.m. The Crooked Coast will provide live tunes for this last blast.