1. There is a chance of snow before 7am today. It will be mostly cloudy through mid morning, then will gradually clear, with a high near 30 degrees. North wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Today at 10:30 a.m. the Green Briar Nature Center in East Sandwich will host families with children ages three and up for Critter Capers. A naturalist will be on hand to show and tell one of the center's own animal friends.
3. Patchwork Quilters of Cape Cod meets at the Falmouth Senior Center today from 10am to 2pm. All finished quilts go to children at risk.
4. The Duo Orfeo will perform classical guitar music at the Woods Hole Public Library on Saturday, January 19, at 7:30 at the Library. The performance will include a rare and eclectic repertoire on both classical and electric guitars.
5. The Falmouth High School Band will pickup and recycle Christmas trees for Falmouth residents Saturday January 19. Reservations can be made at email@example.com by supplying the resident's name, house number and street, village, e-mail address and telephone number. The suggested minimum donation for this service is $10. This fundraiser supports student musicians at FHS and will help students raise money for a trip to perform in Nashville, Tennessee this spring.