- There's still time to see Nature Photography by Dmitry Mozzerhin at the Maser Gallery at Falmouth Community Television: The exhibit closes Nov. 1. Gallery hours are Sun-Mon: 2-10pm; Tue-Wed-Thu: 10am -10pm; Fri: 10-6pm.
- Falmouth's Carousel of Light has a Kickstarter campaign, aiming to raise $20,000 by Oct. 28 to bring the artistic merry-go-round back to its home town. Find out more here and read more about the Carousel of Light at "Carousel of Light Passes Safety Inspection" and "A Falmouth Carousel Comes Home."
- Got a spare room with two beds, or two bedrooms in your Woods Hole/Falmouth area home? A Martha's Vineyard family needs to rent a room on Wednesday nights during this winter's soccer practice season: "Son has soccer practice in Plymouth and will miss the last boat back to MV. He will be accompanied by either his mother or father. We need a room with 2 beds / bathroom use. We'd arrive around 9pm leave by 7am," posts Perry Ambulos on Patch. "Respond to email@example.com."
- Planning a yard sale, garage sale, tag sale or estate sale? You can add it to our Yard Sale Map with just a few clicks and we'll help send you shoppers.
- Deer hunting season began Monday in Massachusetts. Hunters must use bow and arrow for the first six weeks of the season. Shotgun season runs from Dec. 2 to Dec. 14 and primitive firearms may be used to take deer from Dec. 16 through Dec. 31, according to the state Division of Fish and Wildlife. Hunting hours are from half an hour before sunrise to half an hour after sunset.