"Yes, this time it's true. Quicks Hole Tavern opening Tuesday at 11 am. See you there!" Colt posted Sunday night on Facebook.
The new establishment will serve "craft beers, killer cocktails and free salty popcorn! This time, nothing will stop us from opening," Colt posted earlier.
A notice on the Railroad Avenue building, across the street from the Steamship Authority terminal and down the block from the seasonal Quicks Hole Taqueria, tells more about Colt and co-owner/chef Stefanie Mickolazyk's plans for their new year-round place:
"We are growing into this new location, and we want to keep the old spot open too, just as it always was with killer lobster tacos served over the counter like you have come to love them.
But over here at 29 Railroad Ave. we want to mix it up with a new menu, a full bar, and jamming music. But you know, Rome wasn't built in a day, and we have to roll this puppy out, so pardon our dust as we spend the winter like this:
- Step One - Hurry up and get the bar back open because people miss it!
- Step Two - Renovate the upstairs dining room/kitchen and get open with an amazing new menu crafted by Chef Stefanie Mikolazyk (mid January)
- Step Three - Close the first floor for a few weeks and paint in there too!
- Step Four - Listen to you, our customer, and learn what you love about this classic old bar in the perfect spot across the street from the Vineyard ferry."
- From Hollywood to Woods Hole: Innkeeper Beth Colt Readies New Bar and Restaurant
- New Name for Old Leeside: State Your Choice
- Woods Hole Innkeeper's 'Boathouse' Plan for Leeside Sparks Comment
- James Beard Dinner at Quicks Hole Called 'Fresh Magic'