The proposed policy states, in part,
"During the Months of July and August, approval of Special Events will be made only after careful consideration of the effect that the event will have on parking and traffic congestion in the proposed area. For example, special events on the main streets of the villages of Falmouth will be given careful consideration and will be avoided if at all possible during July and August."
Discussion of and action on the changed policy is on the agenda for Monday's meeting of the Falmouth Board of Selectmen, which begins its public session at 7 p.m. in Town Hall following a 6 p.m. executive session on wind turbines and workers compensation claim settlement.
Also on tonight's agenda:
- Approve Payment from Human Service Department Donation Account – Penguin Digital Design, LLC - $2,450.00
- Application for New All Alcoholic Common Victualler License – Celestino’s North Restaurant – 444 Falmouth Highway
- Request for Additional Road Closure on Great Bay Street between Hiawatha St. and Providence St.
- Interview Falmouth Representative to the Steamship Authority Board of Governors
- 2014 Annual License Renewals
- Presentation of Proposed FY15 Budget and Capital Facilities Plan
Do you receive the daily Falmouth Patch newsletter and breaking news alerts? If not, please sign up here. It's free and brings you all the latest posts so you can keep in touch with what's happening in Falmouth 365 days a year.