1) Mostly cloudy today, with some chance of showers, but probably dryer than yesterday. Temperatures in the high 50s and low 60s. More chance of rain in the evening and overnight, when temperatures will drop into the low 50s.
2) The Woods Hole Public Library hosts Ukulele Lessons, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Professional musician Tom Goux will lead participants through the basics of the under-appreciated stringed instrument. For more information, call (508) 548-8961, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.woodsholepubliclibrary.org.
3) The Adult Coed Soccer League continues today, at the Gus Canty Community Center, from 6 to 9 p.m. Teams of five will go head-to-head, with at least two members of each sex on the floor at any given time. Register as a team or individually, or just stop by to watch. For more information, call (508) 457-2567, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.falmouthmass.us/rec.
4) Wednesday means Team Trivia at Liam Maguire's Irish Pub. Teams of six will compete in Trivia Buff, a game testing their knowledge on a wide range of subjects. The game is free to play, and the fun begins at 8 p.m. For more information about the event, call (508) 548-2085, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.liammaguire.com. For more on the game, visit http://www.facebook.com/triviabuff.
5) This day in history: the U.S. Naval Academy opens in Annapolis, Maryland (1845); the Panama Canal is completed (1913); and Porgy and Bess debuts on Broadway (1935).