1) Today we'll have a slight chance of showers after 3pm. It will be mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Tonight we'll have a slight chance of showers. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
2) Yoga is a gentle, relaxing and meditative practice which is centuries old. It has many benefits such as stress reduction, lowered blood pressure and clear thinking, leaving one with a feeling of overall well-being. Elizabeth Davies, MA, CNA, will be conducting a class in chair yoga at the on Wednesdays from 11am-noon. If interested, please call the Senior Center to register at 508-540-0196.
3) The Great Decisions Discussion Group will take place at the this evening at 7pm. Tonight's topic will be the state of the oceans.
4) Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod and the Islands needs caring adult volunteers to help change the lives of local children for the better, forever. Please stop by the Centerville office on the second Wednesday of every month to learn how you can make a difference in the lives of local children. Call 508-771-5150, visit www.bbbsmb.org or visit BBBS at 1934 Falmouth Road in Centerville.
5) This day in history: Albert Einstein is born (1879); comedian Billy Crystal is born (1948); and Gorbachev is elected president of the Soviet Union (1990).