1) Today will be sunny, with a high near 50. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 34.
2) Signs of depression and suicide prevention will be the topic of the next VIPS mentor meeting, scheduled for today at 10am in the Hermann Foundation Room of the . Guest speaker Tim Lineaweaver, licensed mental health counselor and co-chairman of the Cape and Islands Suicide Prevention Coalition, will share the latest research about this troubling issue and will discuss risk factors and signs of depression. Contact VIPS at 508-548-1621, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit falmouthvips.org.
3) A weekly afternoon parent chat with Carol DiFalco, MS, LMHC will be held each Thursday from 1-2pm at the . This is a drop-in parenting group for caregivers with children 1-5 years. Limited childcare will be available. Since parenting can be joyous and difficult, getting together and discussing the challenges can be helpful, informative, and good for the parenting soul. This group is for anyone who has a young child and could use some support. For more information, please call 508-548-0151 x172.
4) The Greater Falmouth Mostly All-Male Chorus will continue its rehearsals for the spring 2012 program tonight at 7pm at the , featuring the music of the 1950s and 1960s. This era of popular American music includes everything from lovely romantic ballads to rock ‘n roll classics, all sung in traditional four-part male harmonies (Tenor I & II, Baritone and Bass). Even if you have little or no experience singing with a chorus, or it has been a while, no auditions are necessary! The chorus rehearses Thursday evenings from 7-9pm, with some additional rehearsals on Tuesday evenings. Membership dues for the season are $40 and cover the cost of music and rehearsal CD. For more information, call 508-564-0054.
5) This day in history: Pocahontas marries John Rolfe (1614); Winston Churchill resigns as prime minister of Britain (1955); and Kurt Cobain commits suicide (1994).