1) Today we'll have a slight chance of showers. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Tonight will be cloudy, with a low around 56.
2) The will host another workshop on how to use your Kindle tonight at 6pm in the Bay Room. Call 508-457-2555 x 2941 to reserve a seat or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring your e-reader to class. Seating is limited and free of charge.
3) Also at the , Larry Dapsis, Entomologist for the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension, will discuss increased problems with ticks this year tonight at 7pm. The mild winter and spring have supported the early emergence of nymph stage ticks on the Cape, which are especially dangerous because they are as tiny as a poppy seed, and up to 25 percent of them carry the Lyme disease. Find out about illnesses also caused by the less miniscule brown “dog” tick, and learn what measures can be taken to avoid being bitten.
4) What better way to beat the midweek blues than with some live music? Local musicians John Beninghof and Dan Byrnes will perform tonight and every Wednesday at 8pm at the . Check them out!
5) This day in history: Captain Kidd walks the plank (1701); TV star Joan Collins is born (1933); and outlaws Bonnie and Clyde are killed by police (1934).