- Deer hunting season began today in Massachusetts. Hunters must use bow and arrow for the first six weeks of the season. Shotgun season runs from Dec. 2 to Dec. 14 and primitive firearms may be used to take deer from Dec. 16 through Dec. 31, according to the state Division of Fish and Wildlife. Hunting hours are from half an hour before sunrise to half an hour after sunset. The Martha's Vineyard Times has a comprehensive article about changes in this year's deer hunting rules.
- The Falmouth Board of Health meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Civil Defense meeting room at Town Hall. The agenda includes discussion of sleep disruptions, with regard to the town's controversial wind turbines.
- You have just two weeks left to see Nature Photography by Dmitry Mozzerhin at the Maser Gallery at Falmouth Community Television: The exhibit closes Nov. 1. Gallery hours are Sun-Mon: 2-10pm; Tue-Wed-Thu: 10am -10pm; Fri: 10-6pm.
- Starting Wednesday, you can feast your eyes on more photos at the Tri-Club Photography Competition and Lobby Exhibition at the Falmouth Art Center, 137 Gifford St. More info at http://www.falmouthart.org.
- Friday, the Falmouth Theatre Guild opens the musical thriller "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" at Highfield Theater. Show times:
Friday, Saturdays 7:30 p.m., Sunday 2 p.m. Tickets: $17 adults, $15 children (under 18) and seniors. More info falmouththeatreguild.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something