- More than 3,000 runners will be dashing through Falmouth this weekend in the Cape Cod Marathon and Half-Marathon. The half-marathon starts Saturday at 7:30 a.m. and the marathon and relay start Sunday at 8:30 a.m. on the Falmouth Village Green. Expect traffic delays and restricted parking; get out there early and cheer the runners on their route. Find more information at capecodmarathon.com.
- The Falmouth Public Library invites readers to a light breakfast Saturday with four Cape Cod novelists who have published their own books: Kathryn Knight ("Gull Harbor"); John Ives ("The Keeper"); Wendy Shreve ("Shadowwater) and Daniel Harris ("Blood Feud"). 9:30 a.m., free. Save a seat: Call 508-457-2555, ext. 6 or Email: email@example.com
- On Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Falmouth Prevention Partnership, Falmouth Police and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration are partnering to sponsor the 7th National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Turn in your unused or expired medication for safe disposal from 10a.m. to 2p.m. at the Falmouth Police Station, 750 Main Street. Do not bring needles, Epi-Pens or other medical equipment as they will not be accepted.
- Fans of the horror classic "Night of the Living Dead" have a treat in store Saturday night: For $25 at Captain Kidd restaurant, you can enjoy an entree and a screening of the how-they-made-it documentary Birth of the Living Dead, winner of the Woods Hole Film Festival's 2013 Best Documentary Award. Beverage, dessert, tax and tip are not included. Call 508-548-8563 to reserve your place now or make a reservation online.
- Dairy Queen posts on Facebook: "LAST DAY OCT. 27!!! Hurry and get one more ice cream before it's too late!!" Falmouth's newest frozen-treat dispensary, Tisberry on Main Street, is also closing at the end of the weekend and announced on Facebook: "End of Season special- Come in before we close and grab a QUART of your favorite flavor for 25% off any of our "pre-made" quarts in stock, while supplies last!!! Valid today through Sunday evening."
For more things to do in Falmouth every day of the week, take a look at our Events listings, the Weekender and our daily tips in Today in Falmouth. You can post your own events, too.