- Get into the scary spirit with Stephen Sondheim's musical thriller "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," opening Friday at Highfield Theater. Show times: Friday, Saturday 7:30 p.m., Sunday 2 p.m. Tickets: $17 adults, $15 children (under 18) and seniors. More info at falmouththeatreguild.org.
- Saturday, bring the kids to Main Street in Falmouth for the 16th Annual Main Street Trick or Treat Stroll. Kids' costume parade begins at 1 p.m. in Peg Noonan Park and afterward, families are invited to trick or treat at participating Main Street businesses. Sponsored by the Falmouth Village Association.
- Halloween treats for dogs? Why not? Get 'em from Ruff Rescue Bakery at the Green Harvest Organic Farmers Market & Artisans Fair, Sunday at the Cape Cod Fairgrounds in East Falmouth from noon to 3 p.m.
- There's even a costume party for our canine pals: A Howlin' Good Time at the Falmouth Dog Park happens Sunday from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. with live music by the Falmouth Fiddlers and prizes for the best doggie costumes.
- The tenth season of Story Hour for Grownups at the Woods Hole Public Library resumes Sunday at 3 p.m. with Halloween in mind, according to the library's Facebook page: "Actually, the theme of suspense, mystery, and mayhem will continue through the early winter, as Story Hour explores a slightly different literary genre for several months. Click over to our website for more info: http://woodsholepubliclibrary.org/events.html."