- Tuesday's an early release day for Falmouth schoolkids and the Falmouth Art Center has some seasonal fun to keep them busy in the afternoon: For $20 per student ($15 for siblings) they can create their own mini-haunted (or unhaunted) house to take home. Classes for ages 5-8 and for ages 9-12. To register, or for more information, call 508-540-3304 or visit the Falmouth Art Center website at http://www.falmouthart.org.
- Also for kids, the West Falmouth Library offers a
Harvest Cooking Workshop with Amy Sellers for children age 8-12 starting at 2 p.m. Pre-registration is required by calling 508-548-4709.
$10 materials fee, space limited to 10 kids.
- Falmouth's Carousel of Light has a Kickstarter campaign, aiming to raise $20,000 by Oct. 28 to bring the artistic merry-go-round back to its home town. Find out more here and read more about the Carousel of Light at "Carousel of Light Passes Safety Inspection" and "A Falmouth Carousel Comes Home."
- You have just one week left to see Nature Photography by Dmitry Mozzerhin at the Maser Gallery at Falmouth Community Television: The exhibit closes Nov. 1. Gallery hours are Sun-Mon: 2-10pm; Tue-Wed-Thu: 10am -10pm; Fri: 10-6pm. 310A Dillingham Ave., Falmouth. Free.
- Do you have an upcoming event in the Falmouth area? Post it on Patch and reach thousands of local readers and subscribers. It's free.
Did we miss something happening today? Tell us in the comments.