- Cape Cod's daily newspaper has a new owner today: The Cape Cod Times, the Barnstable Patriot and other publications in the Dow Jones Local Media Group were sold Wednesday for $87 million to Newcastle Investments, Inc., a major shareholder in the GateHouse Media group that owns Wicked Local and dozens of other media sites and newspapers.
- The Falmouth Farmers Market takes place at Peg Noonan Park on Main Street Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. "Summer fruits and vegetables and early fall produce: September is the best of months!" posts the market on Patch. Last market of the season is Oct. 10.
- And did you know the Farmers Market has a Lost & Found list online?
- The Woods Hole Calcutta Fishing Derby is underway through mid-October. Sponsored by the Woods Hole Business Association, the derby has daily prizes for biggest striped bass and bluefish plus grand prizes at the end of the derby. Find out more at woodshole.com/fishing-derby.
- Want to see your Falmouth-area events and news in our daily list of five things to know "Today in Falmouth"? Here are a few ways you can use Patch to get the word out with just a few clicks: Five Ways to Get Your Event Listed in 'Five Things'. For more things to do in and around Falmouth, check our Events calendar. You can add your own local events any time for free.